Commemorative signs placed throughout Richmond serve as the city’s congratulations to this year’s graduating class.
Photo courtesy City of Richmond
Celebrate Richmond’s grads with photo opportunity signs
Published 2:32 PDT, Thu June 18, 2020
Richmond’s graduating class of 2020 is being celebrated with commemorative signs throughout the community.
The signs are intended to serve as backdrops for fun and safe grad photo opportunities. They are part of the city’s #RichmondHasHeart campaign, which brings the community together through creative opportunities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“In a year of unprecedented challenge and change, the City of Richmond congratulates the graduates of 2020,” said Mayor Malcolm Brodie. “We hope that adding these commemorative backdrops in some of our city’s most beautiful parks will help to create family memories that last a lifetime.”
The commemorative grad 2020 signage will be installed at six locations across Richmond:
- • Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site (5180 Westwater Dr.) – along the boardwalk in front of the dock
- • Imperial Landing Park (4000 Bayview St.) – east end of Imperial Landing
- • Paulik Neighbourhood Park (7620 Heather St.) – Paulik Park garden
- • Garden City Community Park (6620 Garden City Rd.) – north side of the pond
- • Middle Arm Waterfront Park (7411 River Rd.) – east of the UBC Boathouse
- • Middle Arm Greenway (6111 River Rd.) – in front of the volleyball courts
When visiting parks and taking photos, maintain physical distancing and avoid large gatherings. Follow public health guidelines and limit the number of people in a group to a maximum of six.
Share photos on social media using the hashtag #RichmondHasHeart.
For more information, including maps showing the locations, please visit www.richmond.ca/richmondhasheart.
$9.99 for 8 slices of classic pizza or a whole pizza (Hawaiian, Pepperoni, Veggie)
FreshSlice - Near Seafair Centre
Use any of our home staging service and get a second month rental for free!