Filet mignon is one menu offering at Steveston Seafood House.
Photo courtesy Steveston Seafood House
Freebird Table & Bar’s signature southern fried chicken is on the menu for Dine Out this year.
Photo courtesy Freebird Table & Bar
Afuri Ramen & Dumpling is participating in Dine Out for the first time this year.
Photo courtesy Afuri Ramen & Dumpling
Yuu Japanese Tapas’s signature “volcano ramen” has a new hot and sour option for Dine Out 2023.
Photo courtesy Yuu Japanese Tapas
Dine Out returns with 29 Richmond locations
By Hannah Scott
Published 4:47 PST, Fri January 20, 2023
Last Updated: 2:25 PST, Thu January 26, 2023
The annual Dine Out Vancouver Festival is back, with 29 Richmond restaurants among the 369 locations taking part.
A number of different cuisines are available, with menus for different meals including breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Some locations also offer take-out, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. Three price ranges suit a variety of budgets.
“Our Dine Out menu is a reflection of some of our guest favourites,” says Steveston Seafood House owner Shane Dagan. “It's a fantastic opportunity for customers who may not normally engage with our restaurant to have a beautiful meal and get a substantial discount from our regular pricing. This year is an especially special year for the Steveston Seafood House as we celebrate 45 years of serving our community.”
Dagan expects more than 2,000 customers over the 15-day event, which is more than previous years.
Freebird Table & Bar general manager Steve Lobsinger says the restaurant anticipates at least triple last year’s numbers given the lack of pandemic restrictions in place this time around.
“January and February are traditionally slower volume months for most restaurants, and these events benefit both the income of the staff and the restaurant. Staff get more shifts and more customers, and restaurants are better able to meet ever-increasing costs of operations,” he adds.
Little Mexico Cantina’s Ajit Thaliwal says the restaurant is participating in Dine Out for the first time, which helps business in the off-season and keeps people employed.
Julia Kubotani of Yuu Japanese Tapas says the event is also a great way to put money back into the local community and neighbourhood, although she anticipates it may be less busy than last year’s event based on the higher interest rate. The restaurant has several new menu items: wasabi mayo prawn on Pringles potato chips, a new hot and sour option for their signature “volcano ramen,” and a creamy rose scallop udon.
“We are featuring our special ramen, Wagyu Shoyu, on our Dine Out menu,” says David Chan of Afuri Ramen & Dumpling, another first-time participant in the festival. “We want to offer a chance for diners to explore different aspects of our offerings. Diners will get a taste of two small plate appetizers, a choice of ramen, and our newly added ice cream sando as dessert.”
Here is the full list of participating Richmond restaurants:
• 75 West Coast Grill (7571 Westminster Hwy.)
• Afuri Ramen & Dumpling Richmond (140–7971 Alderbridge Way)
• Blue Canoe Waterfront Restaurant (140–3866 Bayview St.)
• Britannia Brewing - Steveston (12240 Second Ave.)
• Bruno Restaurant (8499 Bridgeport Rd.)
• Cactus Club Cafe - Richmond Centre (1666–6551 No. 3 Rd.)
• Cask Whisky Vault (8400 West Rd.)
• Catch Kitchen + Bar (200–3866 Bayview St.)
• Cavu Kitchen Bar (5911 Minoru Blvd.)
• Chop Steakhouse & Bar (10251 St. Edwards Dr.)
• Earls Kitchen & Bar - Lansdowne (304–5300 No. 3 Rd.)
• Ember Indian Kitchen (135–6168 London Rd.)
• Flying Beaver Bar & Grill (4760 Inglis Dr.)
• Freebird Table & Bar (5991 Alderbridge Way)
• Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ - Richmond (7971 Alderbridge Way)
• Harold’s Kitchen and Bar (7551 Westminster Hwy.)
• Hotpot Palace (168–7911 Alderbridge Way)
• Jamoneria by ARC (1020–12471 Horseshoe Way)
• Little Mexico Cantina (150–3131 Chatham St.)
• Meet Oyster (150–4160 No. 3 Rd.)
• Milltown Bar & Grill (101–9191 Bentley St.)
• Monkey 9 Brewpub (14200 Entertainment Blvd.)
• Moxies - Richmond (3233 St. Edwards Dr.)
• O’Hare’s GastroPub (5031 Steveston Hwy.)
• The Shoestring Cafe (180–4611 No. 6 Rd.)
• Steveston Seafood House (3951 Moncton St.)
• The Canadian Brewhouse (1305–4755 McClelland Rd.)
• Yokohama Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar (140–12251 No. 1 Rd.)
• Yuu Japanese Tapas (1118–3779 Sexsmith Rd.)
Dine Out is on through Feb. 5. For more information and menus, visit dineoutvancouver.com/restaurants/.
—With files from Samuel Cheng