The annual Dine Out festival is on through Jan. 31.
Photo courtesy Dine Out
Support local restaurants during 20th anniversary of Dine Out
Published 2:00 PST, Thu January 20, 2022
An annual favourite, this year Dine Out Vancouver marks its 20th anniversary. The festival is taking place through Jan. 31.
Many local restaurants are using Dine Out as an opportunity to launch new menu items. At Harold’s Kitchen and Bar, a special menu includes optional wine pairings and a maple mousse cake for dessert.
Some restaurants are also offering take-out options for those who prefer to dine at home.
Restaurants are accommodating current public health restrictions including maximum seating requirements at tables and mandatory vaccination for patrons. At the Flying Beaver Bar and Grill, general manager Mike Halsey-Brandt says staff are expecting about half the number of customers as previous years.
“It's important to support local in order to ensure that businesses like ours, that provide unique dining alternatives as well as numerous jobs for the community, will still be around for us to enjoy for years to come,” says Halsey-Brandt.
Jeremy Decasa, general manager at Monkey 9 Brewpub, echoes that sentiment.
“This year is our return to Dine Out after a four-year hiatus,” says Decasa. “We are coming in with no expectations and will be grateful for whoever comes to visit. We are looking forward for the chance to serve the community and hope that diners are blown away by our quality and service.”
Participating Richmond restaurants this year are below:
• 75 West Coast Grill (7571 Westminster Hwy.)
• Blue Canoe Waterfront Restaurant (140–3866 Bayview St.)
• Britannia Brewing—Steveston (12240 Second Ave.)
• Bruno Restaurant (8499 Bridgeport Rd.)
• Cactus Club Cafe—Richmond Centre (1666–6551 No. 3 Rd.)
• Catch Kitchen and Bar (200–3866 Bayview St.)
• Chop Steakhouse and Bar (10251 St. Edwards Dr.)
• Ember Indian Kitchen (135–6168 London Rd.)
• Flying Beaver Bar and Grill (4760 Inglis Dr.)
• Freebird Table and Bar (5991 Alderbridge Way)
• Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ—Richmond ( 7971 Alderbridge Way)
• Harold’s Kitchen and Bar (7551 Westminster Hwy.)
• Hotpot Palace (168–7911 Alderbridge Way)
• The Keg Steakhouse and Bar—Richmond South (11151 No. 5 Rd.)
• Monkey 9 Brewpub (14200 Entertainment Blvd.)
• Moxies—Richmond (3233 St. Edwards Dr.)
• The Shoestring Cafe (180–4611 No. 6 Rd.)
• Yokohama Teppanyaki and Sushi Bar (140–12251 No. 1 Rd.)
• Yuu Japanese Tapas (1118–3779 Sexsmith Rd.)