This year's ‘Winter in the Village’ features festive decorations as well as online events to enjoy from home.
Photo courtesy City of Richmond
Steveston offers ‘Winter in the Village’
Published 10:46 PST, Wed December 2, 2020
Last Updated: 11:18 PST, Wed December 2, 2020
Bundle up and head down to Steveston to explore this year’s Winter in the Village throughout December.
• touring Steveston with a self-guided Light Up the Village walking tour of holiday lights every day after 4 p.m.
• voting for your favourite decorated shop window, sponsored by Tourism Richmond, Steveston Merchants Association and Steveston Insider (find a map at www.VisitRichmondBC.com/WinterVillage)
• exploring the forest of festive trees decorated by local merchants and organizations at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
• visiting the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site from Thursday to Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. to hear stories of the multicultural workers who called Britannia home a century ago
• mailing a letter to Santa at the Steveston Post Office—if it’s dropped off by Dec. 10, you can expect a response from the big guy himself
From decorated historic sites to online events to enjoy from home, find all the festive, free and low-cost family-friendly activities at www.VisitRichmondBC.com/WinterVillage.
$9.99 for 8 slices of classic pizza or a whole pizza (Hawaiian, Pepperoni, Veggie)
FreshSlice - Near Seafair Centre
Use any of our home staging service and get a second month rental for free!